tisdag 18 mars 2014

Time flies!

First of all, my rabbit kits have grown. They have grown so big that they are now weaned from their mothers. They are now transfered into cages with same sex siblings and they will stay there for about three to four months until they gain their adult weight. They are very vivid and play alot with each other. They also like to play with the staff of the farm since they learn pretty quickly how to jump out of the nest and down to the floor when the staff is handling them or their mother. It gives me a good laugh to see one baby rabbit create so much action in the, otherwise very quiet, rabbit fam. A rabbit is quick, and a baby rabbit is small. This is a bad combinaton for the staff, but a good combination for me. They also learn very quickly how to drink and from their mothers water dispenser, which is situated a little bit too high up in the cage for the kits. All you have to do is use a fellow kit, put him/her in the right spot, climb up, and reach the water. 


    
Cute ones right? Love to spend time with their mothers. 


I celebrated my half time through my stay here by bringing over my dear and beloved boyfriend. It was so nice and I finally got to experience Toulouse. I haven't had so much fun and good time in a very long time. It was warm outside, 25 degrees at times, and sunny most of the time. I was very happy! 

  


Then it was monday again. A bit sad of course, since Jocke had gone, but also nice to restart my work with nice new energy so that I can finish in time and get my degree. When it was time for lunch, my supervisor told me there would be a "pot" meaning drinks with the department. I had completely missed that it was St Patricks day and that the department decided to have their monthly lunch together this day. People brought drinks and foods (I love France for not caring about drinking alkohol in the midle of the day), everyone had a a nice time, and the hot summer was of course there to join us. 

In the down corner at the right is my friend Aroa, a newly arrived 
spanish girl that will stay at INRA for three months as me!


Sorry I had a gap in my writing, it wont happen again :)


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar