torsdag 30 januari 2014

The blog (and I) go international!

So, as usual, this blog is left all abandonned and sad. However, I'm leaving for France on Sunday so I figured I could write about it, in English even, so that both sides of my family can keep up with me. 

So, France! 
Why? Masters thesis time! 

Where? Castanet-Tolosan, near Toulouse in the South-West of the country. 

How? I will be writing my project for the French National Institute for Agricultural Research (INRA) in collaboration with the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) and their department of animal breeding and genetics.

What? "A phenotypic comparative study in maternal behaviour between sows and does" (mother rabbits).

How long? My stay in France will be from the 2/2 to the 29/4, and then I'll finish and present my work in the beginning of June 2014.  

The preparations before the trip are more or less done. During the days I mostly study Analysis of variance (ANOVA) (my absolute least favorite subject in the whole world), because I'll need my statistics skills for my project work. I'm kind of proud of myself however, since I've worked through 9 of 11 chapters in a week, more or less, which is quite cool. 

I'm also looking for scientific articles, which is quite easy and fun, until you have to read the ~100 articles that I, seemingly overambitiously, have collected for the time being.

Tomorrow, I have arranged for a meeting with a woman that has her own ecological rabbit farm in Ekerö, in the Swedish archipelago (yeah, I too had no idea this was the English word for "skärgård", the little Stockholm islands). It's called Arwen kanin and I'm super excited to go there. Less excited about how to go there, but I'll manage. After the rabbit-visit, I'll meet with my brother in town for a "goodbye-After Work", before I go back to Uppsala for a dinner that I'm invited to.   

Yeah, so that'll be all for today I guess. 

Arwen kanin rabbits
                           


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar